1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Attended proper photography courses and took part in exhibition
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes. I shot more, learnt more, ran more, travelled more (than I did in 2008).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No and I’m thankful for that. But 2 furry friends went to Rainbow Bridge.
5. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia (again, but different parts)
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
New lens, new body
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Improving and getting a few good shots
9. What was your biggest failure?
Succumbing to unknown forces at times
10. Did you suffer any illness? (this question has been missing since 2006)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought 2 Nikon film SLRs, and a rolleiflex that is older than my dad.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Maybe it’s Yorkie’s.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The same people, plus new people
14. Where did most of your money go?
Doctors – for eyes and skin
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking good pictures
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am happier.
18.What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with my family
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hmm, probably getting upset at work (not that there’s a lot of unhappiness)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I don’t use the phone often
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with black and white photography
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is too strong a word. Dislike, yes.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Understanding exposure, Digital photography book 1 and 2
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
To take better pictures
29. What did you want and not get?
Darkroom, new lens
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Someone buying my shots
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Casual and comfortable
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
The same people
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met many new people this year. Many of whom are people who are passionate about something in life – Photography friends, people who run a lot.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Being passionate about something in life.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Hey now, hey now, don’t dream it’s over”