1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
§ got my first DSLR
§ won a design competition
§ got my specialist dip in digital media
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No becos I’ve not made any, but yes, these are for 2009:
§ Shoot more
§ Learn more
§ Walk more
§ Exercise more
§ Eat more
§ Travel more
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Strictly speaking no.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My beautician (sigh)
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Scoring distinction for computer animation!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not working hard enough for my works
10. Did you suffer any illness? (this question has been missing since 2006)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My first DSLR. I’m a nikonian!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The people around
14. Where did most of your money go?
DSLR, clothes, shoes, bags, skincare
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking many pictures, and getting a few good shots
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
less stressed at work
18.What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending more time on myself, run more, take more photos
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting my time on people who are of least importance
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Sleeping, eating and nothing
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Nil (excluding my textbooks and manuals)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Less of certain things
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Shopping at vivocity, eating at tong shui
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Taking 365 good shots
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Shopping and shooting
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The US election
37. Who did you miss?
The same people
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Learning to let go can be so difficult
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?